Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thirsty anyone....

For your viewing pleasure....This has been my diet for the past 6 days.

Wait....let me back up for just a moment if I may.

I have always loved vegetables... cooked, steamed, grilled and fresh...I am a vegetable lover. The only ones I can think of right now that I really don't care for are asparagus, carrots and rutabaga. UGH!!! My mom used to cook rutabaga on holidays and it was soooo disgusting to me, although I haven't tried it as an adult. I have, however discovered many foods that I detested growing up, I've actually come to love now that I'm older. For instance blue cheese (which I don't eat anymore since giving up meat and dairy, but yummy), cornbread, avocado, and certain beans; obviously not together. Lol So maybe I'll have to give them a try again but I'm not currently feeling the desire.

So the husband and I decided we were going to give detoxing a try. We purchased the program which requires you to take these herbs 6 times a day in capsule form, drink half our body weight in water and eat only raw fruits and vegetables for 21 days. Initially I thought, hmmmm.....this wont be bad because I'll actually be able to eat. I was excited since I love fruit and veggies and was pretty confident I'd make it though this with ease. Wrong!!!! Yall, I am so tired of salad. I never thought those words would come from my mouth. I don't want to see another salad as long as I live. I feel like a freaking rabbit or a cow grazing on grass all day. It's funny because we typically eat salad with almost every meal, but only being able to eat that....UGH!!! I've grown so tired of it in the past 6 days so I'm hoping that I have the motivation to continue because to not have food....it's getting rough. Lol

The smoothies though....haven't grown tired of those. I'm not sure why we haven't done more of these in the past, especially in the summer. We purchased a recipe book years ago and have a great juicer that we rarely use. I was so excited when we first got it (I have this odd fascination with kitchen appliances) and I planned on juicing and making smoothies on a regular until I found out what a pain in the A*% it was to clean that thing. So the juicer sits in the cabinet coming out for.... special occasions such as these. Lol

Ok, enough of my misery....here's what what breakfast has been since we've begun:

Day 1: Blackberries, raspberries, pineapple, almond milk and......banana.

Day 2: Apple, Pear and Ginger (this one was a little too think and...apple saucy. Is that a word?)

Day 3: Blackberries, Pineapple and Strawberries (drank it before realizing I didn't take a picture. Lol. It was delicious)

Day 4: Oranges, Pear and Ginger

Day 5: Strawberries, Pineapple and Banana (I could taste too much of the banana and didn't care for it)

Day 6: Raspberries, Pineapple, Strawberries and Oranges.

Needless to say.... breakfast has been the highlight of my day this past week. What I also haven't enjoyed is the frequency in which I've had to use the restroom. All the water I've been drinking, which I do enjoy and need, has me running to the bathroom like 5 times within an hour. I kid you not. So ridiculous. Stay tuned for more adventures of Detox in Denver. Lol

Peace and Blessings.....

EDIT: Since this has been written we decided stop detoxing on day 7. Since I just recently did a fast and don't do anything that's not vegan or really unhealthy it was decided that there really wasn't a reason to detox.. Needless to say I was happy to actually have some real food. Yeay for food. I'm hungry now. Lol

No comments: