Sunday, February 27, 2011

Now I'm on the soup mission....

I am so fond of soup...especially in the winter months since I'm one of those people that are CONSTANTLY cold.  And when I say constantly I mean always and forever cold.  It was 65 degrees out side and to the average person (especially my family members) this is ideal for February.  For me...I was shivering.  I had a scarf, winter gloves AND a hat on and was still on the chilly side.  Sorry...I digressed there for a sec.

You all saw the curry soup in the last entry that turned out just about perfect right?  Well this time I tried French Onion.  Very simple...but slicing onions....Not so much fun.  We have a food processor that's SUPPOSED to slice, but for some reason it doesn't seem to do the job quite right.  I was stuck slicing 4 really large onions by hand and now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I didn't initiate some help.  It may have something to do with our kitchen been a tad on the small side.  I really need a HUGE kitchen something like this:


Not necessarily this style at ALL but yes, this large.  Maybe a bigger island, a little more counter space and a butlers pantry.  HEAVEN!!!   I'd be a very happy person. So if there is anyone out there that would like to contribute to my new house with the dream kitchen....feel free.  Lol  I would do some serious cooking in a kitchen this size.  Ok...here I go again.... Not what this entry was supposed to be about.  Lol

Anyway, I decided to make French Onion Soup...which I love but haven't had in a long time because most soups at restaurants have a beef base which of course we don't do.  Ewww!!!!  So minus the cutting of the onions which had my eyes tearing and burning like I was in a smoke filled room for hours, preparing the soup wasn't very time consuming and didn't require much work at all.  I'll be making this one often.  I love quick and easy meal....especially when they taste good.  

So this is how it turned out:

Simmering onions 

Finished meal.  Soup topped with Ciabatta bread and vegan mozeralla cheese,  Caesar salad with homemade dressing.  Yummy!!!  The soup was so good we had it for left overs the next day and then the following day Hubby ate the remainder for lunch.   Stay tuned for my next soup.  Smile!!!!

Have a great week.....Peace and Blessings all.  

No comments: