Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Other things besides salad....and oh yeah, salad too

So I said that the next time I did an entry I would try to make it about something besides food and I'm holding true to my word....kind of.  


So I made this awesome spinach and strawberry salad with vegan jerk chicken which was amazing, and broccoli.  We've been doing a lot of broccoli lately and I'm not really sure what that's about other than we really like it and it seems to go with everything.  Lol  The salad was roasted almond slivers, red onions, strawberries and spinach leaves.  The dressing was sesame oil, cider vinegar, garlic, pomegranate juice, olive oil, salt and crushed red pepper.  So delicious!!!! 














Moving on to things OTHER than food.... Lol

I really shouldn't complain about the cold and snow here growing up in MN where it's really common to have below zero temperatures for a majority of the winter and multiple feet of snow all winter as well.  We've probably had 2 significant snow falls this winter and it's only been below zero maybe a good 2 or 3 times.  The weather has been pretty mild but me being me and the type of person that is FREEZING even when it's 70 degrees will complain anyway.  Lol

 I find my feet getting really cold just walking from the house to the car and I've decided that it's time to purchase boots.  I've never been much of a boot person other than dress boots but I got sooo tired of my feet being cold.  I surprised when I found these boots online that I absolutely LOVE!!!
 
I adore the little side pocket.  Lol

They're super comfortable and warm.  The downside is it was in the 60's a few weeks ago and much of the snow melted.  It snowed again and now here it is in the 60's again.  So I'm thinking the odds of me wearing them this winter are pretty slim.  First I'm complaining about snow and cold now I'm complaining about the lack of it because I want to wear my boots.  Never satisfied right.  Lol

Still sticking it out with my locs.  It had been just about a month so I scheduled an appointment with the stylist so she could re-twist and loc them for me.  The twisting wasn't too bad...I kind of knew what to expect after the first time but the loc-ing.  OH MY GOSH!!!!  I was practically in tears.  That mess hurt so bad and I was like 'PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me it's not going to be like this every time.'  I don't know if I could bear it.  My head is hurting just recalling sitting in that chair going through the process.  I think I may just be traumatized.  Seriously!!!  Still rocking my head wrap which I'm sure I will be doing for quite some time.  I did purchase a few really cute wraps and really like that look.

Ok so that's it for me for now.  Wishing everyone and happy and productive week.  Peace and Blessings!!!

No comments: