Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Raw foods....

Greetings People!!!

The Hubby and I decided that we were going to try our detox again that we tried a few months back since we never completed it. Why waste money right...we paid for it so to not use it completely....just doesn't sit well with me. So once again we forge ahead and low and behold we're on day 6. Yeay!!!!

We decided before we began to do a little more research because the detox requires for 3 weeks that you only consume raw foods. One of the recipes we located was this Spinach and Avocado Salad It was so simple to make and really delicious if you're an avocado fan like me. I was a little concerned about the cumin and thought that it would give it an overwhelming taste but it didn't. I'm going to use this dressing on other salads because I loved it. I added a cayenne for a little extra spice and alfalfa sprouts as well.

So yummy!!!

I don't know how long I'll be able to last and don't think I'm really cut out to do 100% raw foods, but I think (hope) I'll last the next few weeks. We've almost got one week down and although it's been difficult it's much easier than it's been last time. Wish me luck people!!!!

2 comments:

FreeSpirit said...

I love salad. I love sprouts and I love spinach. That looks so yummy. Good luck with the detox.

Unknown said...

@ FreeSpirit, well then you'll LOVE this salad. We love salads too and eat them SOOO frequently with our meals. On the detox last time around though....I was like if I have to eat another salad I'm gonna die. Lol Over dramatic I know, but thank goodness I'm not feeling like that this time. We're on day 8 and I'm feeling pretty good and still sane. :)