Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Yet another Salad

So we've been on a quest to find new salads so we don't get bored or burnt out over the next few weeks.  We were at Barnes and Noble the other day and found this Salad book with some pretty interesting and easy recipes in it.


















We've been eating tuna salad but I didn't want to use the regular dressing (vinegar, olive oil, pepper and lemon) that we had been using because it didn't taste quite right to me.  I found a dressing recipe that was made with sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and garlic.  I added ginger and a little pineapple juice and it was GREAT.  Kind of reminded me of an asian type sauce. So I decided to make it and add it to this salad with a tuna patty:















It was made with lettuce, avocado, cherry tomatoes, apples, shredded carrots and sesame seeds then topped with the tuna patty.  We had steamed broccoli and apples on the side.  Delicious!  The salad was ok, but the dressing is what really made it stand out.  I think that dressing is going to be my new marinade next time I make salmon.  YUMMY!!!

2 comments:

brotherAmun said...

Go Ahead Salad Making Honey!

Unknown said...

@ Hubby, Yep.. We're having salads for another 3 weeks. Can you do it. :)