Thursday, March 17, 2011

Avocado soup....

Apparently Avocado soup isn't for everyone.  I actually LOVED it!!  Hubby hated it and the Daughter liked it, but after eating it a few minutes decided she didn't really care for it and said it had a "different" after taste.  I think she just decided since Hubby didn't like it she didn't either.  So I'm sad because I'm not going to cook an entire pot of soup just for myself.  I don't know how much play that soup will get around here but I definitely thought it was really good especially with some crushed black pepper.  Yum...tasty.

So the recipe only required soy milk, 2 avocado's and vegetable broth.  Doesn't get much easier than that.  I didn't really take many pictures because there wasn't much to the process.  Mash, pour and stir.  The recipe actually suggested serving chilled.  Yuck!  I don't think I could handle ANY soup chilled.  Just doesn't seem very appetizing to me.  But that's just me.

Simmering

Finished meal w/fruit and bread

Close up
So there you have it.  If you like creamy soups and you like avocado's then most likely you'll really enjoy this soup.  It didn't really have an avocado taste...it was pretty light.  I think this is a great summer soup.  If anyone tries it let me know how you like it.  Simple, 2 large avocados pureed with 1 qt of vegetable broth and 1 cup of cream or whatever type of milk you use.  Easy as 1...2...3... 

Peace and Blessings All!!!! 

2 comments:

Jameil said...

Hmmmm... maybe... me and Rah love avocado!

Unknown said...

@ Jameil. You should try it....I'm interested in what someone else's opinions. I really couldn't taste the avocado much at all which I thought was odd. It's soooo easy. If you make it let me know how you all liked it.