Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 9...Cream of Mushroom Soup and Tuna wraps


I know we've already had mushroom soup.  I think it was one of the first ones we had but this one is a little different.  The first one had mushroom chunks in it and this one is creamed...so, same soup, but different.  What can I say?  I love mushrooms.  

This was another soup that required very few ingredients.  You could make this soup for under well under $15...actually less than that since everything but the mushrooms are you're basic kitchen staples.   Most of the ingredients we already had so really all I had to do was buy mushrooms, and we already had those since we knew ahead of time that'd I'd be making this soup.  This one I will definitely say, without hesitation, was EASY.  All you really had to do was cut, saute, simmer and process. Simple!

I actually really enjoyed this soup.  I've always loved mushroom soup and have always been fond of creamy soups....especially on warm days.  I had a mushroom bisque that I used to always get from Panera until I found out it had a beef base.  UGH!!!!  I think I'll have to find a recipe for that because it was one of my favorites.

Not to much to say about this soup other than it was delicious and everyone really enjoyed it.  The soups this week have been going pretty quick so there hasn't been much leftovers which is good.  Leftovers are great but I hate when the fridge gets a little too crowded.  Guess this means I'll be blogging this weekend since we don't have leftovers to last us through the weekend.  It would actually be an excellent time to repeat a few of the recipes that I've really loved so far, although part of me feels it's a little too soon for repeats.  We'll see.

Mushrooms and onions
Satueed in sunflower oil and butter 

Soy milk, vegetable broth, basil salt and pepper simmering

Finished soup after being pureed with whole wheat tuna wrap
So there you have it...todays soup.  Another hit.  You cant really go wrong with tuna wraps and todays weather was perfect for it.  As it starts to warm up salads and sandwiches or wraps become more and more appealing.  Maybe I'll have a 30 day sandwich/wrap challenge this summer...Although I seriously doubt it.  lol So far we've only had one soup fail...and I don't know that it was necessarily a fail since some of the family liked it.  I think I just didn't suit MY tastes.  

That's it for me this evening.  Check back tomorrow to see what soup wraps up the week....

Peace and blessings!!!

No comments: