Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday's Soup..day 7

So I found this recipe in the Soup Bible recipe book that I told you all about yesterday.  It's called Shrimp Creole.  I mentioned before that Hubby doesn't eat shrimp, so instead of shrimp I used Salmon. I debated on making separate pots like I did with previous recipe but decided against it this time because I felt it'd be a little too much work.  

This recipe only required a few ingredients...like yesterdays, and all the recipes from the book seem to be uncomplicated and preparation isn't too lengthy, which I like.  Since I substituted fish for shrimp I didn't have the stock from boiling the shrimp like the recipe suggests, so I ended up having to use extra vegetable broth.  I thought the soup was average and Hubby LOVED it and had seconds.  While the daughter would have preferred it with the shrimp she wasn't really fond of it either.  I'm not quite sure what it was with this soup....I did love the spiciness of it and the rice mixed in...I think it may have been the consistency.  I'm going to have to try this one again and follow the recipe to the letter to see if it comes out better.

I should have stuck with minute rice because for SOME ODD reason every single time I try to make real rice, without fail, it never comes out quite right.  I can't figure it out. Basically the ingredients included, salmon (substitute for shrimp), onion, celery, green pepper, chopped tomatoes, green pepper, cayenne pepper, and a few other seasonings.

Onions, celery and parsley being sauteed


Tomatoes mixed in with cooking wine, cayenne and vegetable broth





Broiled salmon for the soup


Finished soup w/rice, tomatoes and parsley








So there you have it....todays soup.  I wish I could give it better reviews but it was....EH!  Kind of take it or leave it type meal.  I really need to learn how to make rice.  Lol  I'm going to give it one more shot before I officially call this one a wrap though.  So we're one week into my 30 days...let see what tomorrow brings.  

Peace and Blessings.....

By the way....I don't know whats up with Blogger the past few days....it's REALLY annoying me so excuse the funky format and text.  UGH!!!!






No comments: